lunes, 7 de agosto de 2023

1.3.- FCE Speaking Test Part 1


Individual Speaking Practice about saying how you feel today using an -ed adjective and why.

I feel excited because, in today's lesson, we'll talk about an exciting topic.


FCE Speaking Test


Video quiz:

https://www.topworksheets.com/t/Tj1EA8gRudI



Team Practice in pairs of the Exercise 1 on page 12


Collaborative Exercise 2 on page 12


Collaborative Exercise 3 on page 12

Useful phrases FCE speaking test part 1

https://cisl.edu/useful-expressions-and-vocabulary-for-cae-and-fce-speaking-part-1/




Conversation

Examiner: Is your routine at weekends different from your daily routine during the week?

Nico: Yes, it is.

Examiner: In what ways?

Nico: I stay in bed later, of course. I go out with friends after lunch.

Examiner: And what about your routine at weekends, Lena? Is it different from your daily routine?

Lena: Not really. I have to get up at about the same time.

Examiner: Why?

Lena: Well, I have a job in a shop, and I go to work early. It’s a long way from my house, and I arrive home late every day.

Examiner: Now tell me, Nico. How often do you read newspapers or magazines?

Nico: Sorry, could you repeat that, please?

Examiner: How often do you read newspapers?

Nico: Not often. I don’t like them very much.


Reading Worksheet:

https://www.topworksheets.com/t/QbSgbc4PP24


Lena says I arrive home late every day. Look at these expressions and answer the questions.

every hour or so  from time to time  most weekends
five times a week  hardly ever  now and then

  1. Where do frequency expressions like every day go in the sentence?
  2. Which one means ‘almost never’?
  3. Which two mean ‘occasionally’?


Collaborative Online Exercise about Adverbs and Expressions of Frequency

https://wordwall.net/es/resource/76882938

 

Individual Online Exercise about the Adverbs and the Expressions of Frequency:

https://www.liveworksheets.com/es/worksheet/en/english-second-language-esl/75683




B2 Speaking Practice — Part 1

Academic Life, Technology and Sport

Instructions

Work with a partner. Follow these three steps for each topic:

  1. Ask your classmate a question using you.
  2. Answer a question about your classmate using does your mate.
  3. Report the information beginning with My mate…

Use different frequency expressions:

every hour or so – five times a week – most weekends – from time to time – now and then – hardly ever


1. Studying outside class

Question for your classmate:
How often do you review your notes or study outside class?

Question about your classmate:
How often does your mate review their notes or study outside class?

Answer:
My mate _______________________________________________________________.


2. Online academic resources

Question for your classmate:
How often do you read academic articles or use online resources for your studies?

Question about your classmate:
How often does your mate read academic articles or use online resources for their studies?

Answer:
My mate _______________________________________________________________.


3. Digital organisation

Question for your classmate:
How often do you use digital applications to organise your academic work?

Question about your classmate:
How often does your mate use digital applications to organise their academic work?

Answer:
My mate _______________________________________________________________.


4. Phones and social media

Question for your classmate:
How often do you check your phone or social media during the day?

Question about your classmate:
How often does your mate check their phone or social media during the day?

Answer:
My mate _______________________________________________________________.


5. Exercise and sport

Question for your classmate:
How often do you exercise or take part in sporting activities?

Question about your classmate:
How often does your mate exercise or take part in sporting activities?

Answer:
My mate _______________________________________________________________.


6. Sports news and events

Question for your classmate:
How often do you watch sporting events or follow sports news?

Question about your classmate:
How often does your mate watch sporting events or follow sports news?

Answer:
My mate _______________________________________________________________.


Example

Question with “you”:
How often do you exercise or take part in sporting activities?

Student’s answer:
I exercise five times a week. I normally go running after class.

Question with “does your mate”:
How often does your mate exercise or take part in sporting activities?

Answer with “My mate”:
My mate exercises five times a week. They normally go running after class



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Lasallian Values

Do you know what the Lasallian values are? Hangman of Lasallian Values: https://wordwall.net/es/resource/117155408/lasallian-values?wwmethod...