lunes, 30 de septiembre de 2024

5.8. How to write a letter of application

 


Would you be interested in the following job vacancy? Why or why not? 




Collaborative Reading of the Letter of Application Sample on page 46

Dear Ms Ross,

I would like to apply for the post of assistant at this year’s International Student Fair, as advertised in the newspaper on 2 January.

I am aged 19 and in my second year of a Mechanical Engineering course. Before deciding on City College I looked at the advantages and disadvantages of many academic institutions, and I therefore feel capable of offering advice to young people who are at that stage now.

The work sounds extremely interesting. Could you please tell me how much I would be paid, and whether training would be necessary?

I would be available to work evenings as all my lectures are in the afternoons and consequently I can study in the mornings.

I have always enjoyed assisting others and last year I worked as a volunteer at a book fair.

Details of this, plus personal details including qualifications, are shown in my curriculum vitae, which I enclose.

If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me. I would be able to attend an interview any morning.

Yours sincerely,

Jonas Meyer

Source: Compact First for Schools Student’s Book with Answers (2nd ed.), p. 46.


Collaborative Exercise 2 on page 46



Individual Writing Practice of a Letter of Application according to the exam task criteria on page 46 and the standards from the University of Cambridge




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Review of Units 1 and 2 (September, 2026)

Individual Vocabulary Exercise on Wordwall: https://www.wordwall.net/resource/119131190?wwmethod=link&wwshareintent=student Kahoot Game ...