martes, 4 de agosto de 2026

Course Presentation of FCE 1, August 2026


 

B2 Speaking Activity: Introducing Yourself

Course: B2 English
Skill: Speaking
Estimated Time: 15–20 minutes
Interaction: Individual presentations

Objective

By the end of this activity, students will be able to introduce themselves confidently using clear, well-organised, and extended speech while providing relevant personal, academic, and professional information.


Instructions

Prepare and deliver a 2–3-minute self-introduction to the class.

Speak naturally without reading a written text. You may use brief notes with keywords if necessary.

Your presentation should include the following information:

  • Your name and where you are from.
  • Your academic programme, profession, or current occupation.
  • Your hobbies, interests, or favourite free-time activities.
  • A personal achievement you are proud of.
  • An experience that has influenced your life or learning.
  • Your reasons for taking this English course.
  • Your goals for this semester.
  • An interesting or surprising fact about yourself.
  • A closing sentence inviting your classmates to get to know you better.

Useful Linking Expressions

  • First of all,...
  • To begin with,...
  • Besides that,...
  • Another important aspect is...
  • One experience that really influenced me was...
  • As for my goals,...
  • Finally,...
  • Thank you for listening.

Useful Vocabulary

Talking about yourself

  • I was born in...
  • I currently study...
  • I work as...
  • I'm interested in...
  • I'm passionate about...
  • I really enjoy...

Talking about achievements

  • One of my greatest achievements has been...
  • I'm particularly proud of...
  • I managed to...

Talking about goals

  • My main objective is...
  • By the end of this course, I'd like to...
  • I hope to improve...
  • I'd like to become more confident when...

Success Criteria

Your presentation should:

  • Speak for 2–3 minutes.
  • Include all the required information.
  • Be well organised with clear transitions.
  • Use varied vocabulary and appropriate grammar.
  • Demonstrate confidence, fluency, and natural pronunciation.
  • Maintain eye contact with the audience.

Example

Good morning, everyone. My name is Daniel, and I'm from Mérida, Yucatán. I'm currently studying Architecture at university. In my free time, I enjoy playing football, listening to music, and travelling whenever I have the opportunity.

One of my greatest achievements was winning a regional design competition last year. It helped me become more confident in my abilities and motivated me to continue learning.

One experience that has had a significant impact on my life was studying abroad for a month. During that time, I realised how important English is for communicating with people from different cultures.

I'm taking this course because I want to improve my speaking skills and become more fluent. By the end of the semester, I hope to communicate more naturally and feel confident during presentations and job interviews.

Before I finish, here's an interesting fact about me: I've visited six different countries, and I'd love to travel around Asia in the future.

Thank you very much for listening. I look forward to getting to know all of you during this course.

 



Teamwork Activity: Shaping Our Ideal B2 English Course

Level: B2 (Upper-intermediate)
Time: 25–30 minutes
Grouping: Teams of 4–5 students


Part 1 – Group Discussion and Chart Completion (15–20 minutes)

Instructions

  1. Work in groups of 4–5 students.
  2. Discuss each category only in English.
  3. Share your opinions, negotiate ideas, and reach a consensus.
  4. Write between three and five points for each category. Your ideas should be specific, realistic, and relevant to the course.
  5. Be prepared to explain and justify your group's suggestions during the presentation.

Group Discussion Chart

CategoryWrite 3–5 Points
Course Expectations
What do you expect to learn or achieve by the end of this course?
Suggested Topics
Which topics would you like to study throughout the semester?
Recommended Activities
Which classroom activities help you learn best?
Additional Dynamics
What could make the lessons more engaging or interactive?
Assessment Suggestions
How would you like your learning to be assessed?
Use of Technology
Which digital tools or AI applications would you like to use during the course?
Other Comments
Any additional suggestions for improving the course?


Part 2 – Group Presentation (10–15 minutes)

Instructions

  1. Choose one spokesperson or divide the presentation among all group members.
  2. Present your group's ideas to the class in 2–3 minutes.
  3. Summarize the three to five points you included in each category and explain why your group considers them important.
  4. Speak clearly and support your opinions with brief explanations or examples whenever possible.
  5. Listen actively to the other groups and take notes on ideas you find interesting or different.

Useful Presentation Language

  • Our group identified five main expectations.
  • One of our priorities is...
  • We agreed that...
  • Another important suggestion is...
  • We believe this would improve our learning because...
  • To conclude, our group recommends...


Whole-Class Reflection

After all the presentations, the class will work together to identify:

  • The three most common course expectations
  • The three most popular suggested topics
  • The three most recommended classroom activities
  • The most innovative idea proposed by any group

Finally, the lecturer will summarize the results and explain which suggestions can be incorporated into the course throughout the semester. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Course Presentation of FCE 1, August 2026

  B2 Speaking Activity: Introducing Yourself Course: B2 English Skill: Speaking Estimated Time: 15–20 minutes Interaction: Individua...